Bioproducts are chemicals, energy, and materials that are produced from renewable biological resources.
Students watch the Bioproducts career video.
With the recent emphasis on climate change and use of fossil fuels, bioproducts have become more popular. Growing plants capture carbon, and the manufacturing process for bioproducts emits smaller amounts of greenhouse gases. Biofuels when used, emit fewer air pollutants than the use of gasoline and petroleum diesel. Pollution from plastics can also be reduced by using renewable polymers.
Next gen science standards
Science and engineering practices
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
- Cause and effect
- Systems and system models
- Stability and change
Disciplinary core ideas/content
- ESS3C Human impacts on Earth systems
- LS1D Information processing
- LS2D Social interactions and group behavior
- PS2B Types of interactions
- ETS2A Interdependence of science, engineering and technology