Joliff is interested in collaboration about hot topics in agriculture, online-blended learning, agricultural curricular alignment, and innovative educational design.
Teachers are welcome to contact her about:
- blended learning
- agricultural subject integration
- co-teaching with agricultural education instructors
- career technical education
- connecting with communities with curriculum
What about teaching excites you?
Each of us has only one chance to walk on this earth. Hence, as an educator, I only get one chance to make a difference in my students’ lives, to prepare them for their future beyond my classroom doors. Student success after high school is the greatest achievement I can offer in education. I work to develop curriculum that provides strong academic instruction combined with innovation and enthusiasm to create an irresistible education. A student’s passions, talents, and dreams should be woven into each student’s educational experience.
How do you help students make the industry or real-world connection to what they’re learning?
- Networking is a necessary skill taught through authentic experiences, robust mentoring, and excellent modeling.
- Industry Based Innovation projects that are linked to the student’s interest, career goals and/or SAE provide real-world experiences.
- Youth should be empowered to be advocates for agriculture through servant leadership.
- Each individual student deserves to have an innovative educational plan involving their career goals, personal drive, and passions to build a diverse portfolio for their future.
- Collaborating with agricultural industry professionals and linking them to the curriculum is essential to teach timely, updated, and state-of-the-art content in the agricultural field.
- Project Based Learning and Service-Learning connect students to the real world and add relevance to rigorous curriculum to close the achievement gap and create civic-minded individuals.