Spin into agriscience
What do you know about soybeans and their innovations?
The goal of this 4-H Special Interest program is to reach youth using a variety of delivery methods. The program includes a leader’s guide containing six hands-on agri-science activities designed especially for second through sixth grade youth in informal settings with teens and adults as learning facilitators. See teacher background →
# Innovation in the soybean industry
Six activities that range from engineering to baking:
- Germinating soybean seed necklaces
- Exploring why NesQuick is so quick
- Experiencing the colorful chemistry of soybeans
- Investigating soybean oil in microwaveable cakes
- Discovering the nature of soy ink
- Engineering a mock oil spill cleanup using EcoBots and soy chemistry
Additional materials are needed to complete the lessons in the leader guide. Eco-bots are available from Brown Dog Gadgets.
This set of activities was developed for county extension agents to be used with youth during the summer of 2021.